Notre Dame has electric vehicle charging stations on campus available to university staff, faculty, and students. The stations, paired in the Joyce Lot near lamppost 14 and on the east side of the library lot near Leahy Drive, will provide electricity to charge fully electric as well as hybrid plug-in vehicles such as the Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius EV, Tesla Model S and Nissan Leaf.
A valid Notre Dame parking permit and ID is required to receive a special parking permit. Permits need to be renewed at the beginning of each academic year (July 1st). Permits for the 2019-2020 academic year are $25. Please note, the EV parking sticker allows you to park in an LEV preferred parking space as well.
To apply for a new permit please follow the instructions:
- Email the Office of Sustainability (firstname.lastname@example.org) a scanned copy of your employee/student ID and vehicle registration. Once your application has been verified, you will receive an email letting you know you can proceed to NDSP for final processing.
- Visit NDSP to pay the $25 annual fee (cash or check only) and pick up your decal
- Display the decal on the inside, lower corner of the driver’s side front windshield
- Drivers will be required to re-register, pay the annual fee and display the current decal each year.
New for 2019-2020, if you are renewing your registration, you can pay the annual fee one of two ways:
- Submit a check to NDSP via campus mail. **If you are paying via campus mail, please follow the link below to complete your registration:
- Visit NDSP to pay the $25 annual fee (cash or check only) and pick up your decal.
As a reminder, the following are elements of the EV Parking Policy:
- Parking in electrical charging stalls is restricted to vehicles plugged in for charging.
- Electric Vehicle charging stations are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- In order to use the University's EV charging stations, you must purchase an EV sticker from NDSP.
- Charging of electric vehicles is limited to a 4-hour period per 24-hour window. The time limit on all EV parking stalls will be monitored and enforced by NDSP.
Etiquette for shared/limited EV charging equipment:
- Don't charge your vehicle if you don't need to. Please leave the spot available for another EV driver that may need the charge.
- Only occupy a charging spot while your car is being charged. When your charging session is completed, unplug and move your vehicle.
- Please be kind and wind the cord neatly, placing it back on the charger to prevent anyone from tripping.
If you are a visitor on campus who would like to use the charging stations, temporary passes can be obtained at the Morris Inn, from NDSP in Hammes Mowbray or from the Office of Sustainability, located at B20 Haggar Hall. There is no charge for temporary passes. Please email the Office of Sustainability with any questions.