Off-Campus Recycling

  • Non-university paint, pesticides, aerosols, CFL light bulbs, products that contain mercury, and tires: These items can be disposed of through St. Joseph’s County Household Hazardous Waste.  Visit their website for more information about accepted materials and drop-off locations.
  • Paper/Plastic/Glass/Aluminum: Single stream is common off-campus but please check your local township for specifics on accepted items: City of Mishawaka and South Bend
  • Electronics & Appliances:  The Solid Waste Management District of St. Joseph County collects obsolete electronics at the District Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) location, and all electronics are accepted free of charge. Best Buy also accepts outdated electronics for recycling (some are accepted free of charge, some are accepted for recycling for a fee).  Please check their website before visiting.

Any general questions, please contact the Office of Sustainability via email at