With finals and the holiday season upon us it’s easy to forget to winterize your office or dorm room. Before you leave campus for the holidays please remember to check everything off the following list so that your return to the university is happy and safe.
- Close and lock your windows. If they won’t secure, please contact maintenance through the AiM work order system or at 631-8888 between7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Make sure the heating unit in the window and any others in the room are on, with the fan setting in the “on” position.
- Empty refrigerators, defrost freezers, and unplug and leave refrigerator doors open.
- Turn off your computer.
- Turn off all copiers and printers.
- Unplug all Christmas lights.
- Turn off all other lights.
Please do not change or adjust your thermostat, as it is regulated campus‐wide by utilities and maintenance personnel.
- Close and lock your windows. If they won’t secure, please alert your Rector so they can submit a work request through the AIM work order system.
- To conserve energy, please turn off all lights and unplug all electronics from wall sockets. This includes:
- DVD players
- Christmas lights
- Cellphone chargers
- Surge protectors (flip the switch)
- Empty, clean, unplug and defrost your mini-fridge. Leave the door open to prevent mold.
- Take out your trash.
- Make sure nothing is left near the radiators.
- Secure all of your valuables.