Join USGBC Indiana as they host a tour of the newly opened South Bend Fire Station #4. This is a high performing building that has earned the LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council for its exemplary sustainability work. Join South Bend Fire Chief Steve Cox to learn about the sustainability features of this building and how they obtained LEED certification.
• First City-owned building in South Bend designed with green standards registered to achieve LEED certification.
• Innovative design will decrease the building’s energy consumption by about 40% compared to similar buildings
• Solar panels will decrease the building’s energy consumption further by an average of 7% per year.
• Landscaping around the fire station will use plant species native to the region to eliminate the need for irrigation and sprinkler systems, thus decreasing water consumption.
• Constructed with a high percentage of recycled content, and innovative construction strategies diverted waste produced during construction away from landfills and prevented unnecessary loss of soil.
Don't miss this fun networking tour! Refreshments will be served. Tour and presentation are approved for 1 GBCI CE and 1 AIA LU.
Click here to register. Tickets for USGBC Indiana members is $10.00; nonmembers is $15.00.