The second Regional Association for Women in Science Conference is held for graduate students by graduate students and is hosted by the AWIS-Notre Dame chapter. The goal of the conference is to improve key professional skills to graduate students. This is a venue for professional development and exhibition of research. Conference attendees have opportunities for presentations and workshops as well as networking with other graduate students and professionals.
Three keynote addresses will be given by:
- Dr. Elisa Bertino, Research Director of CERIAS, Cyber Center, Discovery Park, Purdue University
- Dr. Karen Mulfort, Chemist, Solar Energy Conversion Group, CSE Division, Argonne National Laboratory
- Dr. Ninez Ponce, Associate Center Director, UCLA Center for Health Policy
Networking and Professional Development opportunities include:
- Academic advice panel
- Work outside of academia panel
- Workshops and resume reviews
- Oral presentations
- Poster session
- Cocktail networking and social
For more information and the schedule visit: awis.nd.edu/wsc
Originally published at energy.nd.edu.