Green Office Certification
About the Program
The Green Office Certification is an audit process customized for Notre Dame offices and departments interested in becoming more sustainable workplaces. With your help, we can reach the University goals of reducing carbon emissions by 50% per square foot and increasing waste diversion to 67%, both by 2030. The Green Office Certification program is designed to recognize the efforts of faculty and staff. Upon completion of the audit, participating offices will receive a certificate and will be acknowledged on the Offices of Sustainability’s website for their positive efforts.
- Download the checklist – word version or excel version
- Get support from your colleagues – need at least a majority on board to qualify
- Evaluate your office/department – Have questions about to implement some of these changes? Check out the Green Office Guide
- Email email@example.com to set up the audit
- Receive your score and certificate
Office of the Vice President for Research
Budget and Financial Planning
Kresge Law Library
Hesburgh Library Collection Development
Facilities Design and Operations
How do you recommend getting signatures?
Signatures are an important step in engaging the entire department in the certification process. Here are a few ways you could go about getting them:
1. Create a google form and email it out to the whole office
2. Bring the sign-up sheet to an office meeting
3. Pass it around within the office
What if most but not all members of the department comply with a certain credit?
If it is a 1 point credit then the department will not be able to get that point. If it is a multi-point credit, however, the department can receive partial credit.
What if there are some points that we can’t get for reasons out of our control?
Credits that are not applicable are not counted as part of the total, so they don’t count against you when you are totaling your percentage. If they are applicable but you can’t achieve them for whatever reason, we encourage you to explore opportunities to earn innovation points.