Graduate students have a vital role to play in campus sustainability, whether teaching their students about the value of the environment or encouraging their offices and labs to improve efficiency. Here are a few ways to get more involved:
- Check out our Off Campus Green Living Guide for useful tips at home.
- Within an office context there are several ways to act more sustainably on daily basis. Here are a few practices you can implement every day.
- More and more labs are getting involved with GreeNDiscovery. Talk to your PI about signing up for the program and you could also become the eco-rep for your lab.
- If you live in the Fischer-O’hara-Grace apartment complex there are numerous ways to act more sustainably every day including recycling, weatherizing your apartment or even just walking to campus! Please contact Mimi Beck
or Sean Ashburn about more ways to get involved.
- University Village is another place that you can get involved in sustainable activities, such as recycling or the University Village community garden. Please email Nathan Elliot for any questions or concerns.
- Please check out all of the different sustainability-related research that is happening right here at ND