Five Ways to Create a Sustainable Classroom
1. Go paperless – switch to online course packets. Go to the library site here and choose Put Photocopies on Reserve for a Class.
2. Turn off lights when you leave your classroom or office, set your computer to sleep automatically, and report thermostat problems.
3. Encourage students to print papers double-sided with reduced margins.
4. Recycle in your office and encourage your colleagues to recycle. If you don’t have a recycling bin, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Include a statement in your syllabus asking students to avoid using disposable cups and water bottles in your class, to minimize printing, and to recycle all paper and food packaging.